Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne University of Technology Faculty of Design is the largest Design faculty in Australia.
As part of a dual-sector institute, we are an innovative education institution committed to delivering excellence in higher education, vocational training and research. Our students can study at Swinburne from TAFE Certificate all the way through to a Bachelor degree, Master or PhD.
The flexible structure of our single undergraduate degrees allows students to combine professional majors with co-majors or minors from different disciplines – providing a tailored degree to suit personal career expectations. Four-year double degrees in Design/Business are also available.
From Cap-Stone Projects to Industry Placement, at Swinburne we seek solutions for real problems. Our students work on world-relevant projects throughout their studies and we collaborate with industry to ensure our graduates are able to meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketplace.
Our design / film and television students also have access a free online portfolio system which remains theirs once they graduate. This provides a platform to showcase their portfolios to prospective clients and employers http://www.swinburne.edu.au/design/portfolios/ throughout the early stages of their career development.
Faculty of Design Undergraduate discipline areas: Communication Design; Digital Media Design; Film and Television; Industrial Design; Interior Design; and Product Design Engineering
Postgraduate (coursework) discipline areas: Communication Design; Design Anthropology – NEW in 2010; Industrial Design; Interior Design; Multimedia Design
Postgraduate Research clusters: Neuroaffective Design; Indigenous Knowledge and Design Anthropology; Design History and Design Theory
Swinburne University is recognised as:
• The best university in Melbourne for teaching quality and graduate satisfaction (Good University Guide 2011)
• The top ranking university in Victoria for staff qualification levels (Good University Guide 2011)
• Among the top three universities in Melbourne for research intensivity (Good University Guide 2011)
• Ranked in the top 500 universities in the world by both the Times Higher Education QS World University Rankings and the prestigious Shanghai Jiaotong Index.
• Ranked as the best university in Victoria and third in Australia for Practical Work Experience and Industry Links by past and present students (www.rateyouruni.com.au - October 2009).
For more information go to: www.swinburne.edu.au or call 1300 ASK SWIN (1300 275 794)
Search for a category or application
Industrial Design Interior Design Interior Decoration
Graphic Design Textile Design Fashion Design
Jewellery Design Exhibition and Display Design
TV, Film and Set Design Furniture Design
Digital Media Architecture Event Design Advertising