How to Enter the Melbourne Design Award
Entering the 2011 Melbourne Design Awards is an easy online process comprising of five simple steps:
- Set up your login account on the 2011 Melbourne Design Awards website. From here youíll be able to control all aspects of your entry.
- Have a good look at the category list. Here you can work out where your entry best fits into the awards.
- Create your entry. Simply fill out the online form with the relevant information regarding your submission and upload any supporting media. We accept all major image and movie files.
- Edit your entry. Feel free to return to your entry and edit it any time before the call for entries closes. Remember to click save as to not lose your updated work.
- Submit your entry. When youíre happy with your entry click submit to enter them in 2011 Melbourne Design Awards. The entry fee is payable online and please remember that your entry canít be judged until itís been submitted and paid for.
Tips to Win a Design Award
- Provide interesting copy. The more relevant and interesting your nomination is, the more likely people are going to engage with it.
- Supply great imagery. Highlight your nomination's innovation and design through simple clean images. The better the imagery is, the better your nomination will look on the site.
- Focus on the user. Really show how the user engages with your app by focussing on the user experience and relevancy.
- Get in early. The sooner you enter the awards the longer your nomination is visible on the site. This means more exposure.
- Promote. Let your community know about your nomination by adding your nomination URL to your website, social media and email newsletters. Feel free to use the Mobile Awards logo and supporting media that can be found here.
Costs to enter the 2011 Melbourne Design Awards are as follows:
- $250 inc.GST for first entry.
- $125 inc.GST for additional entries.
If you're a member of one of the following industry associations there's a 10% of entry.
- Design Institute of Australia
- Australian Institute of Architects
- Australian Interactive and Multimedia Industry Assocation
- Illustrators Australia
- Architecture - Commercial
- Architecture - Residential
- Installation Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate
- Interior Design - Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity & Branding
- Graphic Design - EnvironmentalType
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Packaging
- Graphic Design - Publication