TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry is open globally to any designer, design company, student or company or individual who has commissioned design, provided they are active in the Melbourne market (Australia).
- Entries must have been created between July 01 2010 & July 01 2012.
- Officers, directors, and employees of the Organiser, as well as those individuals' immediate family members and the residents of their households, are not eligible to enter.
- All entries must comply with the applicable Australian and International Standards for the intended marketplace.
- Each category has select description criteria in which the entrant must adhere to. Submissions that do not adhere to descriptive criteria will be disqualified.
- Submissions, where applicable, may be entered into multiple categories provided an entry fee is paid for each category, and they fulfil the descriptive criteria of each category. Failure to fulfil criteria will result in disqualification from the specified category.
- Upon submission, the Entrant warrants that the design is their original and individual work, and active in the Melbourne market. The Organiser reserves the right to request further evidence such as design concepts, applicable patents, trademarks or IP ownership.
- The costs of entering the awards are;
- For professionals or design studios $250 inc. GST for the first entry, and $175 inc. GST for every subsequent entry.
- Submissions to the awards are only valid upon the organiser receiving payment in full.
- Designs submitted by entrants who include any of the following, must accompany written approval from an authorised representative, or will be disqualified.
- Trademarks, service marks, trade names, brands, or copyrighted material of third parties.
- Names or depictions of public figures, public officials, or celebrities.
- Personal information, for example, phone numbers, addresses.
- Designs submitted by Entrants must not feature:
- Obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, violent statements or images
- Contextually Offensive, discriminatory statements or images.
- Designs submitted by Entrants created using unauthorized, pirated copies of computer software will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm EST, 19th July 2012 unless stated otherwise by the organiser.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If any voting irregularities take place as a direct result of an entrant, the entrant will be disqualified.
- Entrants acknowledge their submissions may be used for publicity purposes, and may be called for comment by authorised representatives of the awards.
- If an award finalist or winner is in breach of the terms and conditions of entry, the Entrant’s submission will be deemed invalid and the award deemed null and void, and returned. The Entrant may be liable for any costs associated as a result of action taken.
- A Thinking Company Pty Ltd has the right to amend these terms and conditions at their discretion.
- A Judging Panel will assess all entries based on their compliance with the entry criteria. Judging will be conducted by a panel of industry peers and business professionals that have been recommended by the Senior Chairs of the 2012 Melbourne Design Awards, and appointed by design100. Each judge has been selected for their knowledge and experience, and for their willingness to volunteer and commit time to a non-paid role as judge of the 2012 Melbourne Design Awards.
- The Judging Panel reserves the right to refuse an entry that does not comply with all applicable entry criteria. Entry fee/s are non-refundable.
- The Judging Panel reserves the right to re-categorise entries if deemed more appropriate in an alternative category.
- Judging Panelís decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Organiser does not make any claims on copyright or intellectual property of the designs entered. Upon submission, the Entrant gives permission to the Organiser to publish, exhibit and promote their name, image and the content of the submission. The Entrant acknowledges that the Organiser has the right to reproduce materials in whole or part without payment of release or licensing fees to the holder of publication rights or copyright.
- The Entrant confirms that (where applicable) they have obtained their client’s and practice principal’s written approval to enter and for any resulting publicity.
- Upon submission, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Organiser from and against any and all liability arising as a result of their entry either infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The Awards Producer is Juliet Wilson, A Thinking Company Pty Ltd, email@example.com +61 3 9525 1255
- The Organiser is A Thinking Company Pty Ltd ABN 58 070 357 425, 620 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
- Design Event
- Design Manufacturer
- Design Publication - Online
- Design Publication - Print
- Design Retailer - less than 5 shops
- Design Retailer - more than 5 shops
- Premier's Design Awards
- Architecture - Commercial - Constructed
- Architecture - Commercial - Proposed
- Architecture - Mixed - Use - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Proposed
- Installation Design - Display
- Installation Design - Exhibit
- Installation Design - Set Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate or Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Urban Design
- Advertising - POS
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity and Branding
- Graphic Design - Environmental
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Publication
- Graphic Design - Three Dimensional
- Product Design - Business and Technology
- Product Design - Consumer
- Product Design - Housing and Building
- Product Design - Sport and Leisure
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Homewares
- Product Design - Lighting
- Product Design - Medical and Scientific
- Textile + Surface Design - Interior
- Digital Experience - Mobile
- Digital Experience - Website
- Event Experience - Consumer
- Visual Merchandising