Whether you are a design creator or a design commissioner you can make your mark on the Melbourne design scene by entering the Melbourne Design Awards.
• Gain recognition for your design achievement
• Increase awareness of your work and gain design public and peer comment
• Increased exposure to your potential customers and clients
• Bench mark your work with your peers
• Opportunity to gain national publicity and exposure
• Provides a mark of distinction for your product
• Further evidence of excellence in product development
• Bench mark your product with those of your peers
• Increased exposure of your brand / product
• Opportunity to gain national publicity and exposure
This award recognises the leading design event conducted in Melbourne. It may be a single function or series of functions and events under one design event umbrella.
The event must be designed specifically for the design community either professional or the design public.
Open House Melbourne aims to engage public to understand our city; its past, present and future. We do this through opening buildings of interest, providing information on the significance of each building, promoting design and explaining design concepts – and we make it FREE as design is for everyone. Open House Melbourne is an annual, free weekend-long event in July for Melburnians and visitors to learn more about and appreciate the architecture, urban design and design excellence of our city. The free Speaker Series, held in the lead up to the event weekend, allows the public to understand how discussions on architecture are framed by architects, and most importantly to unveil the multitude of design processes that are implemented by architects to create our significant architectural buildings.
Design Island 2012 highlighted the diversity and excellence in craftsmanship of established and emerging Tasmanian product designers. The event involved significant collaboration between the Design Centre Tasmania and the next generation of Architects to graduate from UTAS School of Architecture & Design.
agIdeas International Design Week is one of the largest and most prestigious design festivals in the world. Established in 1991 by Ken Cato and developed and presented by the Design Foundation in Melbourne, Australia. agIdeas offers an extraordinary program of events that celebrate design excellence and promotes the value of design driven innovation. Throughout the festival there are a series of events for designers who are seeking inspiration, for designers emerging in the industry to explore the possibilities of careers in design, for companies looking to embrace design as an economic driver, for design researchers to share knowledge, for primary school children to understand design and become the leaders of a design savvy generation and for members of the general public interested in design, innovation and creativity.
The Colourways Australian Trend Forecast Workshop offers it’s members a unique forum bringing stakeholders in the design and building industries together to discuss, analyse and research the latest trends, product developments and innovations in, colour, materials and finishes. Dynamic like-minded professional designers and manufacturers share and explore possibilities using current and significant industry information. This enthusiastic think tank environment captures member contributions and assists in identifying design influences and providing a greater understanding of the trend drivers of the day.
A labyrinth cardboard maze wound its way through Melbourne’s Federation Square BMW Edge Theatre. Collaboratively built by young kid makers, parents and festival patrons using Makedo parts at Melbourne State of Design Festival 2011, participants witnessed their own handy work come to life right before their very eyes.
MakeUp showcased local Melbourne designers who either reuse or upcycle materials to create amazing new products. We hosted a series of workshops and events at Harvest Workroom based around this theme. We also opened the MakeSHOP where people could drop in at any stage during the festival and make their own upcycled project.
- Design Event
- Design Manufacturer
- Design Publication - Online
- Design Publication - Print
- Design Retailer - less than 5 shops
- Design Retailer - more than 5 shops
- Premier's Design Awards
- Architecture - Commercial - Constructed
- Architecture - Commercial - Proposed
- Architecture - Mixed - Use - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Proposed
- Installation Design - Display
- Installation Design - Exhibit
- Installation Design - Set Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate or Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Urban Design
- Advertising - POS
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity and Branding
- Graphic Design - Environmental
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Publication
- Graphic Design - Three Dimensional
- Product Design - Business and Technology
- Product Design - Consumer
- Product Design - Housing and Building
- Product Design - Sport and Leisure
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Homewares
- Product Design - Lighting
- Product Design - Medical and Scientific
- Textile + Surface Design - Interior
- Digital Experience - Mobile
- Digital Experience - Website
- Event Experience - Consumer
- Visual Merchandising