Melbourne Design Awards 2012
The Melbourne Design Awards represent the diversity and culture of the Melbourne design industry.
Melbourne as a recognised global design city, features both local and international design activity, and the shortlisted entries represent an annual snapshot of the sophisticated design culture in the Melbourne marketplace.
Already in the short history of the Awards, we've seen the entries from the top 50 designers in Melbourne and this years' program gives another opportunity for professional designers, design commissioners and brand managers to have their design works recognised.
Join us for a celebration of the people that create and commission design, and who promote and engage in all aspects of design.
Presented by design100.
22 May - Industry briefing and entries open
9 August - Entries close
23 August - Judging panel session
24 August - First round of finalists announced
27 August - Second round of finalists announced
11 September - Public voting closes
19 September - Awards Night - Buy Ticket
DESIGNEX 2013 - Melbourne - 30 May to 1 June 2013
designEX, Australia's longest-running design and architecture event in Melbourne from 30 May to 1 June 2013. With industry-leading brands in furniture, textiles, lighting, architecture, bathrooms, surfaces & finishes, as well as seminars and workshops, independently curated features and a host of new brand alliances.
Celebrating 50 Years of Australian design
DIA Victoria Tasmania presents a stellar line-up of design aficionados and practitioners in a dynamic presentation and panel discussion evening at the Poliform showroom in Richmond.
Colourways Australasian Trend Forecast Workshop
The workshop is the cornerstone of the Colourways program connecting designers, manufacturers, retailers, suppliers, marketers, educators, builders, media, and others in a forum to explore ideas and emerging trends.
Portable Presents Brooks Atwood
Portable is excited to announce international award-winning industrial designer Brooks Atwood will tour Australia this June. After the sell-out success of Portable's tour of Debbie Millman earlier this year, take advantage of our early bird pricing to secure your place and hear from one of the world's leading thinkers in design innovation.
WORKSHOPPED 13 APPLICATIONS OPEN
Applications are open for this much anticipated exhibition. The theme for WS13 is:
WORKSHOPPED 13: Designing a Modern Heritage. Show how your design can be future proofed for a disposable society?
- Design Event
- Design Manufacturer
- Design Publication - Online
- Design Publication - Print
- Design Retailer - less than 5 shops
- Design Retailer - more than 5 shops
- Premier's Design Awards
- Architecture - Commercial - Constructed
- Architecture - Commercial - Proposed
- Architecture - Mixed - Use - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Proposed
- Installation Design - Display
- Installation Design - Exhibit
- Installation Design - Set Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate or Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Urban Design
- Advertising - POS
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity and Branding
- Graphic Design - Environmental
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Publication
- Graphic Design - Three Dimensional
- Product Design - Business and Technology
- Product Design - Consumer
- Product Design - Housing and Building
- Product Design - Sport and Leisure
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Homewares
- Product Design - Lighting
- Product Design - Medical and Scientific
- Textile + Surface Design - Interior
- Digital Experience - Mobile
- Digital Experience - Website
- Event Experience - Consumer
- Visual Merchandising